Monday, August 21, 2006

What's Everyone LIstening To?


I'm curious to see what everyone's listening to these days. If you're like me, you've grown tired of the radio and have migrated into 1 of 3 categories: 1. Indie rock, 2. Talk radio, or 3. Record label artists that aren't popular. That's where I am. I'm to the point now where I will not listen to the radio unless the battery on my iPod is dead, Rick and Bubba aren't on, or I've already listened to the cds lying around in my car. You've gotta work hard these days to find innovative and creative music. It's not all that accessible. Hopefully we're all about to witness a movement of new writing, new ideas, and a change from the usual G D Em C that we're used to hearing.

Here's two people I'm in to right now that I think are worth checking out (see above pics):

1. Bruce Hornsby (www.brucehornsby.com)

2. Brad McConnell - "Interest Relief" (www.myspace.com/bradmcconnell)

Who are all of you listening to?




4 Comments:

Blogger s. wells said...

i'm listening to sufjan stevens, ben folds and muse.

3:19 PM  
Blogger David Russell said...

Bruce is always wonderful.

Right now I'm digging Keane, Weckl, Kelly Joe Phelps and Billy McLaughlin. Saw Bela last week, so the Flecktones has been in the mix lately as well.

4:47 PM  
Blogger David Russell said...

*have

(sheesh)

4:47 PM  
Blogger Brian T. Murphy said...

I haven't listened to the radio in about 8 years. there is so much good music out right now that I hardly know where to start. I'm with swells on the sufjan and muse. the new muse record is particularly exciting. and I'm with david on the new keane.

other nice records I keep going back to:

thom yorke's "eraser", johnny cash - "american V", anything by sun kil moon, alexi murdoch's new record, zero 7, american analog set, Bruce Springsteen - "ghost of tom joad" and "devils and dust".

I'm stopping before I get too obnoxious.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home